LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
Parish of Higham with West Close Booth
There are currently no vacancies within the Parish Council. However, expressions of interest for future consideration can still be made.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- To be qualified to stand for election the candidate must be a Commonwealth citizen, and on the day of nomination be aged 21 years or over. Candidates must not be disqualified by any statute.
- Must be an elector of the parish, or
- during the whole of the last 12 months has either occupied as owner or tenant, land or other premises in the parish, or
- has the principal or only place of work in the parish, or
- lives within three miles of the parish boundary.
Applications in writing to Patricia Rosthorn, Clerk to the Parish Council,
38 Acresbrook Road, Higham, Burnley, BB12 9BY or by email to:
Potential candidates who wish to discuss further the role of a Parish Councillor are invited to contact the Parish Council Chairman, Mr Robin Willoughby on 07930 558587