LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
Parish of Higham with West Close Booth
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
that a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Parish Council.
If by 23 October, 2020 (14 days after the date of this notice, excluding dies non) a request for an election to fill the vacancy is made in writing by TEN electors to the Parish, an election will be held to fill the vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- To be qualified to stand for election the candidate must be a Commonwealth citizen, and on the day of nomination be aged 21 years or over. Candidates must not be disqualified by any statute.
- Must be an elector of the parish, or
- during the whole of the last 12 months has either occupied as owner or tenant, land or other premises in the parish, or
- has the principal or only place of work in the parish, or
- lives within three miles of the parish boundary.
Applications in writing to Patricia Rosthorn, Clerk to the Parish Council,
38 Acresbrook Road, Higham, Burnley, BB12 9BY or by email to:
Potential candidates who wish to discuss further the role of a Parish Councillor are invited to contact the Parish Council Chairman, Mr Michael Tetley, by email to: [email protected]
Dated 5 October, 2020