LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
Parish of Higham with West Close Booth
NOTICE OF VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF PARISH COUNCILLOR
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that due to the resignation of Mr R Gadd, a casual vacancy has occurred in the office of Councillor for the above named Parish.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- To be qualified to stand for election the candidate must be a Commonwealth citizen, and on the day of nomination be aged 21 years or over. Candidates must not be disqualified by any statute.
- Must be an elector of the parish, or
- during the whole of the last 12 months has either occupied as owner or tenant, land or other premises in the parish, or
- has the principal or only place of work in the parish, or
- lives within three miles of the parish boundary.
Applications in writing to Patricia Rosthorn, Clerk to the Parish Council,
38 Acresbrook Road, Higham, Burnley, BB12 9BY or by email to:
to be received by 9th August 2018
In the event of only one nomination being received, or, if no written request for an
election is received by the Returning Officer within the time specified, the vacancy
will be filled by co-option by the Parish Council.
Dated this day 11th July 2018
Signed: P A Rosthorn
Clerk to the Parish Council
Potential candidates who wish to discuss any aspect of the vacancy are invited to contact the Parish Council Chairman, Mr Robin Willoughby on 07930 558587