The Village Hall was originally the National School.
The National School was built by public subscription in 1837. As well as being used as a school it was also used for Church of England services. By 1872 more room was needed so it was decided to build a Church on land adjoining the school.
Eventually a new school was built, but the National School (Old School) continued to be used as an infant classroom and dining room, until1987, when it was purchased to be used as the Village Hall.
It is a Charity administered by the Village Hall Committee ( see Village Hall Committee) for the use and benefit of the Parish.
The Village Hall is situated in the centre of Higham. It has a car park area to the rear and adequate street parking on Higham Hall Road.
The building layout has two rooms which are separated by a wooden/glass partition that can be secured to the wall to enable the use of one large open plan space. The hall also has a newly laid secure patio area with seating. The hall has a separate well-equipped kitchen, with serving counter, and gas heaters provide heating of the hall.
The Village Hall Committee ensure that the Hall is well maintained, clean, has the required levels of Indemnity Insurances, and that all safety regulations are adhered to.